Learn the Art of Zentangle in 30 minutes a day!
Zentangle is such a fun and relaxing art form that is easy to learn. If you can draw a line, a circle and an arc then you can tangle too! Join me in this fun video class as I take you through all the basics you need to learn to tangle. In as little as 30 minutes every day you’ll learn all about Zentangle!
I am a Certified Zentangle Teacher and a a true believer in the relaxing quality of the Zentangle art form. Ive always been scared of drawing and shading and thought that it would take me ages to master something that looks as complex as tangled tiles.
To my surprise the three days I spent learning Zentangle from Rick and Maria was all the time I needed to grasp the basics – from then on it was all about getting some practice.
I’ll take you through all the principles you need to learn and all the basics you need to know on video in real time. Finally you can also learn to tangle and that too from the comfort of your home. Replay the videos as many times as you want, stop them wherever you want and master the art of Zentangle!
Here are some short clips and images from the class
The Lesson Plan
In this video class we’ll start from scratch.
- I’ll go over all the basic rules of Zentangle with you.
- I’ll show you what a tile is and how you can make your own. I’ll also show you what strings are and all the different kinds you can use in your tiles. We’ll go over all the supplies needed to tangle and why good quality supplies are essential.
- I’ll then start showing you several different tangles in real time so that you can follow along.
- Next up we will start adding shading to our tangles to really make them pop. It really isn’t as difficult as it looks and I’ll show you how to shade several tangles.
- You’ll learn to use different tangles to create a beautiful tile.
- We will also make some fun Zentangle inspired projects in this class to finish up!
Why an Online Class ?
- If you want to learn how to tangle and what Zentangle is all about then this is the perfect class for you!
- You will learn o create several different tangles and learn the skills to tackle new ones on your own.
- Online courses are so much fun because you can learn at your own pace and in the comfort of your own home. May we suggest a tasty beverage and pajamas? Perhaps on your favorite chair? Or even in your studio at our craft table? You can take online classes anywhere you want!
- You also have lifetime access to the video course and can come back to watch it and rewatch it anytime you want.
- You can ask as many questions as you want on the course page and I will always do my best to answer your questions as best as I can.
- Join a fun community of makers and creators and share your work and learn from others!
- In this course you will have access to a video class that will walk you through ll the steps of the Zentangle art form as well as several tangle patterns.
Tips and Tricks You'll Learn!
- Learn how to make your own memory book from scratch. In this course you’ll learn:
- All about Zentangle tiles and strings
- All about the supplies you need to start and where you can find them
- How to create different kinds of strings
- How to draw different types of tangles through video tutorials
- How to add shading to different kinds of tangles
- How to put different tangles together on a tile to create a piece of art
- How to read and follow tangle step-outs.