Make Your Own Interactive Memory Books!
Let’s create some fun interactive memory books to document all your beautiful moments. These memory books make really unique scrapbooks so if you’ve ever wondered how to make a scrapbook or make your own journal, this video course is for you.
You’ll learn a new binding technique to make your own book, that will amaze you with its simplicity and versatility. You will create the base of the book using just 3-4 sheets of scrapbook paper and the rest will be created using ephemera and pictures and other little treasures you want to add to your book. You will also learn how to make shaker pockets using just plastic packets and packaging. No fancy tools required at all!
This is the perfect project to do with family and especially kids. They can document their school year or vacations. This is also a great little book to make at a creative party for your girlfriends. Not a lot of materials are required and everyone from beginners to advanced crafters and makers can have fun with these books.
Here’s a peak of what you’ll find inside the class
The Lesson Plan
In this mini class we'll start from scratch.
- First we will make the cover for your memory book.
- After the cover base is created we will move on to decorating the cover and will discuss various embellishments that can be used for this. Once the cover layout is done we move onto the inside of our book.
- We’ll go over the steps to create the page binding.
- Next up we will start adding ephemera into the book. We will use everything from postcards, pictures, quote cards to even music sheets.
- You’ll learn to create a shaker pocket using just plastic packaging and no fancy tools.
- Find images and embellishments in unexpected places like old picture books.
Why an Online Class ?
- If you want to learn how to make a scrapbook or how to make a handmade book this course is for you. These memory books make amazing interactive scrapbooks or journals!
- You will learn how to make a handmade book that is a great project for beginners and experienced crafters alike.
- Online courses are so much fun because you can learn at your own pace and in the comfort of your own home. May we suggest a tasty beverage and pajamas? Perhaps on your favorite chair? Or even in your studio at our craft table? You can take online classes anywhere you want!
- You also have lifetime access to the video course and can come back to watch it and rewatch it anytime you want.
- You can ask as many questions as you want on the course page and I will always do my best to answer your questions as best as I can.
- Join a fun community of makers and creators and share your work and learn from others!
- In this course you will have access to a video class that is over 60 minutes long. So join me and make your own book, make your own journal, scrapbook or memory book – this project can have so many flavors!
Tips and Tricks You'll Learn!
- Learn how to make your own memory book from scratch. In this course you’ll learn:
- To create one of a kind interactive scrapbooks using a new book making technique
- To Incorporate lots of ephemera and memories into your layouts
- How to Create cascading layouts
- To make your own shaker pockets using plastic packaging – no fancy tools!
- To incorporate trims and stickers and more to create an unusual collage cover for your book
- How to use old books and found images in your books
- How to make a handmade book that is an incredible keepsake and gift!