Make your own Traveller’s Notebooks and Planners
In this class you’ll learn how to make a planner that suits you! That includes what you need. So in a way I guess you could say this class will teach you how to make the perfect planner! We will start with the basics and go over the different materials you can use.
We will then go over step-by-step instrcutions via video on how to create your own midori style notebooks and planners. These are the traveller’s notebooks that are all the rage these days and in my opinion make perfect planners.
You will learn how to turn cloth, faux leather and even an old book into midori style notebooks that you can use as your planners.
But we won’t stop there! The fun will continue with printables for the notebooks inside, creating dashboards and even binding your own notebooks to put in your journals/planners! So let’s begin creating the planner that’s perfect for YOU!
Here are some short clips and images from the class
The Lesson Plan
In this video class we’ll start from scratch.
- First I’ll go over what a midori style journal is
- Then we will go over several different material options you can use to create your own. I’ll show you how to use cloth, faux leather, old book covers and even plastic dining mats to create your traveller’s notebook! The sky is the limit with this technique.
- Then we will go over the binding technique and what elastic you should use.
- Next up we will work on the inside of your planner. This course comes with several printables you can use to make and bind your own notebooks!
- You will also learn how to create your own fun dashboard with washi tape samples and more!
- We will also go over how to create fun pocket folders for using with your midori style notebook.
Why an Online Class ?
- If you want to learn how to make your own midori style traveller’s notebooks then this is the perfect class for you!
- You will learn to create several different kinds of traveller’s journals using a variety of different materials.
- Online courses are so much fun because you can learn at your own pace and in the comfort of your own home. May we suggest a tasty beverage and pajamas? Perhaps on your favorite chair? Or even in your studio at our craft table? You can take online classes anywhere you want!
- You also have lifetime access to the video course and can come back to watch it and rewatch it anytime you want.
- You can ask as many questions as you want on the course page and I will always do my best to answer your questions as best as I can.
- Join a fun community of makers and creators and share your work and learn from others!
- In this course you will have access to a video class that will walk you through all the steps of the midori making process!
Tips and Tricks You’ll Learn!
- Learn how to make your own traveller’s notebook from scratch. In this course you’ll learn:
- How to make a midori style journal from scratch
- All about the materials you can use to create your own traveller’s notebooks
- How to use the printable provided to print and bind your own notebooks
- How to create a fun dashboard complete with washi samples and more!
- How to make your own pocket folders to use with your journals
- How to use fabric and even dinig mats to make your planner covers
- The elastic needed to create your planner bindings.