Making Origami Dresses
Making origami dresses is so much fun! You can turn patterned or even plain paper into little works of art. All you need for this project is some paper, a bone folder and this tutorial.
I feel origami is best learnt through video. I find it quite challenging to follow along with diagrams and written instructions because for some reason I can never really tell which fold went where. Where to pull the paper out? Where to press it down? I think all of this confusion is best dealt with through a video tutorial.
As you can see making these dresses is so simple. The uses are endless. Here are a few ideas of what you can do with these dresses.
- You can make a few in different paper patterns and frame them as a series for a nursery or little girl’s room.
- You can use them as embellishments for cards. Add some ribbon and sentiment stickers and you have a beautiful card!
- You can add these dresses to plain notebooks to jazz them up.
- Add them to plain gift bags or treat bags to create one-of-a-kind beautiful favors!
- This would also make a wonderful activity to add to a little girl’s birthday party.
You can also vary the size of the paper you start with to vary the size of the dress. Add stickers, diamontees, paper flowers or even painted flowers like I did to really jazz up your dresses. I sometimes use old book paper to make these dresses and then I add some patterned paper cut outs and other embellishments to finish them off.
So, what do you think? Will you give these fun dresses a try? What would you turn them into? Do leave a comment below and let me know. As always if you enjoyed this episode please do subscribe to my channel on YouTube so you never miss an episode of Elevenses with MZ!